Health System M&A Specialists
Chicago-based | National Presence
Successful healthcare client outcomes for over 25 years.
About Juniper Advisory
As the only independent advisory firm working exclusively with hospitals and health systems, Juniper offers a range of services, including:
> Financial condition and strategic options assessment
> Assisting community hospitals to evaluate their ability to remain independent
> Health system growth strategies
> Designing and structuring a variety of business combination transactions, with experience in:
- Affiliations, joint operating agreements, system collaborations, management agreements, leases, and other non-change-of-ownership partnerships
- Joint ventures, including buyer and seller joint ventures, shelf joint ventures, and academic medical center joint ventures
- Hospital mergers via stock mergers and hospital or health system membership substitutions
- Acquisitions and hospital and health system growth strategies
- Partnerships with health plans, physician groups, senior care and behavioral health services
Juniper specializes entirely in healthcare client advisory work. We have no underwriting, trading, or other proprietary activities. Our business is assisting the Boards of Directors and management teams of hospitals and health systems understand their strategic options and to plan and execute complex strategic partnerships. This allows us to offer advice that is free of distraction and without bias toward outcome. This single-minded focus, as well as our deep experience and understanding of the healthcare sector, has allowed us to advise on many of the largest and most noteworthy change-of-control transactions in the industry.
News & Events
Navigating a hospital M&A process can be complex and daunting. Juniper can help. Our new book for hospital Boards and executives offers a start-to-finish look at what it takes to successfully complete a healthcare partnership.
On January 1, 2020, Illinois Valley Community Hospital (IVCH) in Peru, IL joined St. Margaret's Health in Spring Valley, IL, a member of SMP Health System. The hospitals, which are located just 4 miles from
Conditions placed on the merger that formed the Boston area’s second-largest health system—Beth Israel Lahey Health—are the latest in a series of strict state oversight actions that will shape large regional health system deals for