Public hospitals have a uniquely open relationship to the communities they serve, which invites a level of transparency as they consider potential mergers and acquisitions. So what kind of M&A deal activity options are out there for public hospitals dealing with financial pressures, and how can parties navigate regulatory, financial and public opinion to get the deal done?
In this episode of Collaborative Transformation podcast series, Rex Burgdorfer, managing director at Juniper Advisory, joins McDermott Will & Emery partner Megan Rooney to discuss:
- The major trends driving public hospital M&A
- How M&A can strengthen hospitals financially and the regulatory and external challenges contributing to financial pressures
- Unique regulatory and financial challenges faced by public hospitals
- Benefits of privatization in the hospital industry
- The role public sentiment can play in public hospital transactions