Rex has over a decade of investment banking and strategic financial advisory services experience. He has advised all forms of nonprofit hospital systems on M&A transactions, including community 501(c)3’s, religious-sponsored, and local government hospital clients. Rex was previously with Morgan Stanley and holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
- “Regulatory Implications for Change of Control in Hospital M&A.” The Governance Institute. December 2018.
- “Demonstrating Fairness in a Market Approach to Hospital M&A.” The Governance Institute. September 2018.
- “Valuing the Troubled Hospital.” The Governance Institute. June 2018.
- “Acquisition Currencies in Non-Profit Hospital M&A.” The Governance Institute. March 2018.
- “A Year of Change for Community Hospitals.” The Governance Institute. December 2017.
- “Is Healthcare a Charity, Social Service, or Business? Community Hospital Board Members Contemplate Their Role.” The Governance Institute. September 2017.
- “Membership Substitution Transactions: Why Are They So Misunderstood” The Bond Buyer. February 2017.
- “Do Hospital Affiliations Risk Becoming the Next Brexit?” Becker’s Hospital Review. July 2016.
- “Defending the Deal: The Attorney General Review Process in Nonprofit Hospital Conversions.” AHLA Connections. April 2016.
- “What Today’s Hospital Leaders Can Learn from ‘Downton Abbey.'” Becker’s Hospital Review. March 2016.
- “Responding to the HIT Imperative: A Guide for Independent Hospitals.” HFM Magazine. February 2016.
- “The Rise of Hospital Joint Ventures.” Waller Lansden. April 2015.
- “Continuing a Non-Profit Hospital’s Charitable Mission through Mergers and Acquisitions.” The Governance Institute. April 2015.
- “Critical Issues in Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions.” McDermott Will & Emery Special Report. September 2014.
- “The Expanding Range of Strategic Alternatives Available in Hospital System Mergers and Acquisitions.” The Governance Institute. August 2014.
- “Hospital Merger and Acquisition Transactions: A Focus on Retiring Liabilities.” The Governance Institute. October 2013.
- “Hospital and Health System Transactions: 10 Key Legal and Business Issues.” American Law Institute. May 2013.
- “Michigan is a hotbed of acquisition activity.” The Healthcare Investor. November 2012.
- “Current Trends in Hospital Mergers and Acquisitions.” Healthcare Financial Management. March 2012.
- “20 Best Practices for Healthcare M&A.” Becker’s Hospital Review. January 2013.
- “Community Considerations for Hospital Transactions.” The Governance Institute. September 2011.
- “Hospital Consolidation Trends in Today’s Healthcare Environment.” The Governance Institute. Standalone White Paper. Summer 2010.